We all know that deep tissue massage is one of the best and most beneficial massages you can get. The masseuse uses intense pressure to release any tension you have alleviated through to the deepest layers of your muscles.
Getting a massage can be a good way to treat yourself, destress, or address a medical issue. There are as such no guidelines regarding when you can or cannot get a deep tissue massage. Once you go to the therapist, they would recommend the frequency according to your body.
How Often Is It Recommended to Get a Deep Tissue Massage?
Deep tissue massages benefit many people. However, as an adult, how often should you get a deep tissue massage heavily depends on various different factors.
For those who engage in intense physical activities like professional athletes, getting a deep tissue massage frequently might be beneficial. Moreover, some athletes receive deep tissue massages as part of their regular training and recovery. Therefore, aim for once or twice a week to address muscle tension and aid in muscle recovery.
If you lead an active lifestyle with strenuous physical activities, incorporating a deep tissue massage into your routine every 1-2 weeks could help prevent muscle soreness. Moreover, with this, your flexibility would be enhanced and it will improve your overall performance.
Stress and Tension
Individuals dealing with high levels of stress, tension, or chronic pain might consider a deep tissue massage every 2-3 weeks. Similarly, this can help manage stress-related muscle tightness and provide relief from persistent discomfort.
Maintenance and Prevention
If you’re using deep tissue massage as a preventive measure to maintain muscle health, a monthly session could be sufficient. Furthermore, this frequency allows you to address minor muscle tension before it escalates into a more significant problem.
The Benefits of Regular Deep Tissue Massages
- By manipulating the connective tissues, getting regular deep tissue massage sessions will help teach the body how to repair itself.
- When you damage your muscles, sometimes scarring can take place. Moreover, the main aim of a deep tissue massage is to resolve this scarring.
- Once you start working with a deep tissue massage therapist, you will also learn more about how to reduce damage to your body.
Ultimately, the frequency of deep tissue massages should align with your massage preferences. Therefore, open communication with a skilled therapist helps establish a suitable routine that caters to your body’s needs.
- Back pain: A regular massage can help you get relief from back pain.
- Neck pain: Getting frequent massages for neck pain can be most beneficial.
- Pregnancy: A weekly 20-minute massage would do wonders for your body.
- Anxiety and Stress: Once or twice is most recommended. However, if you think your body needs a deep tissue massage weekly to help you feel better, go for it.